This award recognises the Irish-based third level institution, technical training college or organisation that can best demonstrate an initiative or project which shows a commitment to sustainability. This may be through a reduced carbon footprint, a change process within the organisation, a new partnership that demonstrates tangible evidence of environmental benefit or the use of energy saving products and methods.
This award is limited to one submission per organisation.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; The judges will be looking for clear information, backed up by evidence, that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below:
- Initiative outline: Describe the sustainability efforts in place in your organisation. Do you have a Green Committee and/or have you undertaken an environmental review? Do you have any accreditation, benchmarking, or external validation?
- Commitments: Describe the commitments (internal or public) and leadership your organisation, particularly top management, has shown in driving the sustainability agenda. Please provide details of any Green Action Plan you have in place and its goals.
- Processes: Describe the sustainable processes you have developed in your organisation over the past 12 months to move closer to your sustainability goal.
- Training: Describe the training completed to up-skill you and your colleagues to deliver on your stated goals.
- Challenges: Outline any challenges faced by your organisation over the past 12 months and how your team and any other relevant parties demonstrated initiative, creativity, and leadership to overcome them.
- Outcomes & results: What have been the practical benefits of your green initiatives? Show measurable outcomes, with comparisons to previous years where possible.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry.