The award recognises the Irish-based third level institution, technical training college or organisation who has demonstrated the best commitment to the safety, health and welfare of its students and staff over the past 12 months. This award is limited to one submission per organisation.
The judges would like to see clear examples of how you benchmark your current policies and practices against current legislative requirements.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts and figures that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Outline: Please outline the processes and initiatives introduced by your organisation to tackle workplace health and safety, highlighting any relevant accreditations achieved.
- Commitment & Responsibility: Provide details of who is responsible for developing and implementing the safety programs and initiatives, outlining the level of senior management buy-in and the commitments made to staff training and communication of the initiatives.
- Organisational Targets: Does the organisation set itself safety performance targets? If so, how are they set and what do they include.
- Outcomes & Results: Please provide evidence of results. How have the process and initiatives contributed to the welfare of staff/students/third parties/public? How is the impact measured?
- Future uses: How will you use the initiatives in the future? You can include any plans for alteration or expansion.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry.