This award will go to the organisation in Ireland that has been offering a best-in-class internship programme which has been delivering great benefits to both the employer and student participants over the past 12 months. This could be for students studying within higher or further education.
We are interested in internship programmes offered by organisations across all industries and sectors in Ireland. Submissions must be made by the employer.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; The judges will be looking for clear information backed up by evidence, which places particular emphasis on the criteria listed below:
- Detail how the internship programme was developed, the rationale behind it, key details about the internship programme, and outline its objectives.
- Provide an overview of how the programme has been implemented over the past 12 months, giving specific examples.
- Demonstrate the real benefits of the programme on the employer, providing positive feedback (i.e. internal or external stakeholders) where appropriate.
- Demonstrate how the programme benefits the student participants, providing positive feedback (via internal surveys or testimonials) where appropriate. Please also demonstrate the transferable learning gained by the students.
- Provide evidence of how you monitor and measure its success against the stated objectives.
- Excellence in Training & Development: Provide examples where your organisation has gone beyond curricular requirements to facilitate the students, including the number of hours per week devoted to training.